Senior IT Engineer
Permanent, full-time, £40k-£50k DOE + bonus, London
techsapiens is a young, innovative and fast-growing MSP that delivers top-tier IT infrastructure and support to a demanding SME client base. We specialise in running IT systems where security, reliability and performance are of utmost importance. Our business is growing rapidly, and our service portfolio is becoming more sophisticated.
Clients in industries ranging from financial, healthcare, legal, consulting & coworking rely on our services and support to run their critical business infrastructure and provide them with fully managed IT services.
We care deeply about the quality and rigour of our work. This translates into an uncommon commitment to quality, and we are proud that our clients and team members will attest to this. We see opportunities to learn and improve every time we do something. Think of it as near-perfect delivery, and continuous improvement. If you’ve come across Kaizen, you will know the principle. We are problem solvers and we all do whatever needs to be done to make the work happen – nobody is afraid to ‘do the dishes’.
This will be a challenging and rewarding role, with excellent growth prospects given our size & velocity. You will be part of not just the techsapiens family but also part of the extended family for our clients, with whom we have very close working relationships.
If you want to continue to build on your breadth of experience dealing with all aspects of an IT organisation and get in at the ground floor of our growth phase you’re in the right place. No two days will be the same here.
You will have broad experience across the full SME tech stack including very strong:
- Networking skills across routing, switching & WiFi. Excellent working knowledge of VLANs, HA protocols and WiFi setup and troubleshooting using multiple vendors including Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Unifi and Mikrotik.
- Windows Server including virtualisation with Hyper-V
- Storage in a virtualised environment
- Database familiarity with MS SQL Server
- Desktop skills including WDS, MDT and familiarity with a broad range of Line of Business applications including those with complex requirements
- ITIL standards and the day to day application of these
Our Tech Stack
- End User Computing (Windows + Mac)
- Office 365 + Google Workspace
- Azure (focus on identity & device management with AzureAD and InTune)
- Autotask + Datto RMM + IT Glue
- Complex mid-size networks (up to ~1000 devices)
- Windows Server
- Act as a point of escalation on the service desk
- Lead and/or participate in migration and upgrade projects
- Constantly contribute to the improvement of technical and operational documentation, policies and procedures. Good processes are a key growth driver and you will help to constantly define and improve processes.
- Contribute to the adoption and creation of internal and external technical standards
- Assist in developing project specifications and proposals and responding to RFPs
- Promote learning, development and sharing of knowledge within and outside of the team
- Encourage and act on any opportunities to improve the way that we deliver services to our clients, for example deeper automation, simplification of process or better communication
- Operation of our RMM and MDM tools and platform, including the development of these.
- Ensure that the quality of our work is nothing short of first class – every ticket, task & project.
- We constantly evaluate new tech, new services and better ways of doing what we do. You must always be learning and exploring new and better ways of doing everything that we do.
Other Skills & Experience
- Able to be part of a team that produces the highest quality of service and results while operating in a busy and changing working environment
- Leadership, enthusiasm and an innate desire to drive the development of teams and inspire confidence and trust from the support team, fostering the values of ownership, responsibility and professionalism
- Confident and diplomatic communicator, essential for the effective management of client communications from written through to face-to-face
- Combine being disciplined, organised and self-motivated, with adaptability and creativity
- Naturally open and sharing of knowledge, contributes to technical discussions and always acting to learn and share.
- You are ambitious and entrepreneurial – you will be a crucial part of a small team at an early stage, and help take techsapiens to the next level, so you see yourself contributing to the work we are doing to build our future together.
- You like helping people: this is fundamental to the role. Our valued clients and team members need to know that they are receiving the most professional, friendly & efficient support possible.
- You enjoy solving problems, taking on challenges and finding creative solutions. You are resourceful, unblockable and relentless. You will find the right solution quickly. You have your eye on the ultimate goal and the will to find a way. No excuses, no blame. The buck stops with you.
- You are extremely well organised: we are a young business and are constantly improving our own standards and processes and need you to be a systems thinker, constantly creating, documenting and improving processes.
- You’re a team player and work in a way that allows us to do much better work together than anyone can by themselves. You help others achieve excellence in their work.
- You don’t crack under pressure: we work hard to ensure that things run well on networks we manage, but there will be unexpected problems. Outages and downtime can be a stressful time – you need to keep your cool.
- You are passionate about technology and have a vision about how we can use technology to help our clients achieve their goals.
- Do the dishes: this is a small team working on fast-moving projects. Everyone needs to roll up their sleeves and pitch in with whatever work needs to be done. There’s no such thing as ‘not my job’.
- Be responsible. Do what you say you’ll do. Do the right thing no matter what. Don’t wait to be told what to do. Be candid and transparent. Take quiet pride in your work. Self-motivated and self-disciplined. Strong work ethic. Selfless.
- You don’t wait to be told what to do
- You do what you say you’ll do
- You do the right thing when nobody is looking
- You embody the idea of near-perfect delivery and continuous improvement. You may be a Kaizen / Six Sigma practitioner.
- How you do anything is how you do everything. Make it amazing.
Diversity & Life Outside Work:
- We believe that an excellent work-life balance is an essential part of being a happy, productive individual. We welcome a varied range of interests outside of work, which we believe contribute directly to the richness of our team.
- We strive for a strong culture at techsapiens which is geared around diverse pursuits, adventure, health & happiness – something more than just hitting the pub at 5 – not that we have anything against beer – quite the opposite!
- IT companies aren’t always the most diverse places so we actively seek candidates who will bring diversity into our team, thinking & culture. We think that life & work are better when we have different points of view.
- We take on pro-bono charity projects and we welcome your input on the types of projects and charities we work with.
We are constantly upgrading our skills and will invest in on-going training & qualifications for our team. As we grow, you will play a pivotal role in hiring and growing a dynamic, high-performance managed service and professional services team.
IT Degree, Vendor specific (Microsoft, Cisco, etc), ITIL, IT Security, Project Management
techsapiens is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion.
Salary / Benefits
Basic Salary: £40k-£50k depending on experience.
Annual bonus of up to 10% of salary
Other benefits: private healthcare and flexible working available
- Online assessment
- Telephone interview (Phone, 15 minutes)
- Face to face interview & work sample (London, 3hrs)
How to Apply
Email your CV and a detailed application that explains why this role is a great fit for you to [email protected]