Part-time / Full time. Salary £30k-£45k FTE DOE + bonus. Fully Remote/Flexible
techsapiens is a young, innovative and fast-growing technology service provider that delivers top-tier technology management and support to a diverse global client base.
Our web development work specialises in working with the coworking & flex workspace industry, providing functionality that helps our UK and international clients run their spaces the best possible way.
We are looking for a junior to mid-level front-end-focused developer to help meet the needs of our growing client-base.
You will be involved at the requirements & planning stage, working with our Project Managers and Consultants, as well as with our clients, to provide advice on the best choice of approach and functionality. You will then take ownership of implementing the agreed solutions using best-in-class software development practices.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills at all stages of the software development lifecycle, from scoping to implementation and ongoing management of client websites. There is scope for a great variety of projects with additional opportunities to work within back-end development and web-design should you wish to expand within these areas.
We offer fully-remote and/or flexible-working, with opportunities to come into our state-of-the-art office space at a coworking space in London should you wish to, as well as training & progressive career opportunities.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years development experience with a focus on the front-end
- Highly proficient in HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of popular CMS systems such as WordPress, Squarespace, Webflow
- Experience of working with APIs and building API-driven web applications
- Strong version-control skills (we use Gitlab)
- A passion for code hygiene & software development best-practices, with a demonstrable ability to write clean, re-useable code
- Good communication skills are required. You will be providing advice both internally and to our clients on how best to develop functionality to meet their requirements
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Design skills (Figma/Adobe) and back-end development skills are desirable but not essential. A willingness to develop in these areas will be viewed favourably if you have no direct experience.
- You are ambitious and entrepreneurial – you will be a crucial part of a small team at an early stage, and help take techsapiens to the next level, so you see yourself contributing to the work we are doing to build our future together.
- You enjoy solving problems, taking on challenges and finding creative solutions. You are resourceful, unblockable and relentless. You will find the right solution quickly. You have your eye on the ultimate goal and the will to find a way. No excuses, no blame. The buck stops with you.
- Do the dishes: this is a small team working on fast-moving projects. Everyone needs to roll up their sleeves and pitch in with whatever work needs to be done. There’s no such thing as ‘not my job’.
- Be responsible. Do what you say you’ll do. Do the right thing no matter what. Don’t wait to be told what to do. Be candid and transparent. Take quiet pride in your work. Self-motivated and self-disciplined. Strong work ethic. Selfless.
- You don’t wait to be told what to do
- You do what you say you’ll do
- You do the right thing when nobody is looking
- Make it better – you’re not satisfied with the status quo. You have a constant desire to improve, figure out how to make a better tomorrow, exceed expectations, innovate and be proactive.
- How you do anything is how you do everything. Make it amazing.
Diversity & Life Outside Work:
- We believe that an excellent work-life balance is an essential part of being a happy, productive individual. We welcome a varied range of interests outside of work, which we believe contribute directly to the richness of our team.
- We strive for a strong culture at techsapiens which is geared around diverse pursuits, adventure, health & happiness – something more than just hitting the pub at 5 – not that we have anything against going for a beer – quite the opposite!
- IT companies aren’t always the most diverse places so we actively seek candidates who will bring diversity into our team, thinking & culture. We think that life & work are better when we have different points of view.
- We take on pro-bono charity projects and we welcome your input on the types of projects and charities we work with.
As a growing, dynamic business we are passionate about allowing our team-members to develop personally and professionally. We are constantly upgrading our skills and will invest in on-going training & qualifications for our team.
techsapiens is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion.
Salary / Benefits
Basic Salary: £30k-£45k depending on experience.
Other benefits: comprehensive private healthcare and fully-remote/flexible working available
How to Apply
Email your CV and a detailed application that explains why this role is a great fit for you to [email protected].